Initiatives and Primary Sites Planning Workshops took place during the first three-year period of the GeoPRISMS Program. Initiative Workshops helped clarify the scientific objectives of the Initiatives, and defined the specific themes and Primary Sites for initiative studies. Primary Sites Planning Workshops were organized to delineate research objectives and outline approaches at Primary Sites and, subsequently, to exchange knowledge, guide new ventures, and synthesize the work done at these sites.
After each large GeoPRISMS Workshop, the GeoPRISMS Office asks speakers who presented for permission to make their multi-media presentations available. Access to information and presentation archives for each of the events from the links below.
- Synthesis and Integration Theoretical & Experimental Institute | San Antonio, TX, February 26-March 1, 2019
- Theoretical & Experimental Institute for the RIE Initiative | Albuquerque, NM, February 8-10, 2017
- Theoretical & Experimental Institute for the SCD Initiative | Redondo Beach, CA, October 11-15, 2015
- Planning Workshop for the New Zealand Primary Site | Wellington, New Zealand, April 15-17, 2013
- Planning Workshop for the East African Rift System | Morristown, NJ October, 25-27, 2012
- GeoPRISMS/EarthScope Planning Workshop for the Cascadia Primary Site | Portland, OR, April 5-6, 2012
- EarthScope/GeoPRISMS Science Workshop for Eastern North America, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania | October 26-29, 2011
- Alaska Primary Site Planning Workshop, Portland, Oregon | September 22-24, 2011
- SCD Implementation Workshop, Bastrop, TX | January 5-7, 2011
- RIE Implementation Workshop, Santa Fe, NM | November 4-6, 2010
- MARGINS Successor Program Planning Meeting, San Antonio, TX | February 15-17, 2010
icon-chevron-right Go to the list of GeoPRISMS sponsored Mini-Workshops